The five Missions defined by the Commission under Horizon Europe will aim to find tangible solutions in the related issues addressed and to contribute to the transformation of Europe into a greener, healthier, more inclusive and resilient continent.
The missions are as follows:
- Adaptation to climate change: Support of at least 150 European regions and communities to become climate resilient by 2030.
- cancer improvement of the life of more than 3 million people by 2030 through prevention, treatment and actions that allow citizens to live longer and better.
- Restoration of our ocean and waters by 2030: protection of the maritime area of the EU, restoration of marine and river ecosystems, preventing water pollution.
- 100 “smart” cities with zero impact on the climate by 2030: identification of cities that, becoming hubs of experimentation and innovation on these issues, can be examples to follow for other European cities by 2050.
- A pact on the ground for Europe: 100 living-labs and lighthouses to guide the right change towards healthy soils by 2030.
For more info, please visit the page Mission di Orizzonte Europa